Before coming to tea
The Ivy is not your ordinary (or typical) tea room. We provide a modern and whimsical teatime experience. Our tearoom is fun-filled with music and laughter! It is not quiet and stuffy like some more traditional tearooms can be.
While some guests prefer the pomp and atmosphere of afternoon tea in a formal setting, at The Ivy we provide a light, airy, and more modern experience.
This disclaimer is to help those who may not have our same tastes and style, or who are looking for a traditional tea experience to select a place more customized to their individual desires.
Please review the following to help make your whimsical teatime a great one.
- Due to the government mandate and to keep our guests safe we must now limit guests’ teatime to 2 hours to ensure we stay at 25% occupancy and keep guests safely apart.
- Our tearoom is an open-style tea setting. Each party will have their own uniquely decorated and themed area with comfy couches and armchairs to sit. We provide private areas for parties of 8 or more.
- We welcome guests aged 8 and over to enjoy tea with us.
- Please arrive on time. If you are running behind simply call or text and let us know. Without advanced notice your table may be forfeited if the entire party is not present 15 minutes after your reservation.
- Upon arrival please press the blue and white call button (inside) next to the front door if your party is not greeted immediately.
- We treat every guest with kindness and respect and we appreciate the same. If staff members or guests mistreat one another they will not be welcomed back. The ‘Golden Rule’ is a beautiful thing.
- Guests will be charged entire number of guests booked for their reservation regardless of how many show unless we are are given at least 24 hours notice.
- Allergies. Due to the complex nature of guests allergies and excess labor involved we cannot make any substitutions to the menu outside of the vegetarian option.
- Guests must keep their shoes on at all times and feet off the furniture. We love that our guests feel at home here, but we need to always keep a clean and healthy environment for every guest.
Thank you for your understanding. 🙂 This list is designed to ensure EVERY guest knows what to expect and has an amazing experience, preventing misunderstandings before they may occur.
For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Do we need a reservation?
We are by reservation only at this time to ensure excellent customer service and no food waste.
Do we get everything on the menu or do we choose?
Guests will receive every item on our menu.
My four year old is extremely mature and loves tea or my newborn is very quiet. May I please bring him/her?
We cannot make exceptions to the rule because if we do it for one guest and not another this can be quite unfair. However, we will allow children and infants during our after hours private parties (not special themed events) with management approval.
Do you offer dairy free and/or gluten-free options?
Unfortunately, we do not offer them at this time. If guests have an allergy or dietary restriction we cannot accommodate, they may still join and drink tea. We will charge a $10 seating/tea fee. Please state this in the notes section of the reservation to avoid being charged for the full tea.
Children and Infants
Teatime can be a great way to introduce children to a new culture. We encourage parents to bring their little ones in to try this new experience. We do ask that our teatime be for ages 8 and up. However, we will make exceptions for private after hours parties (call for details). The reasons for this age requirement are for their safety and your enjoyment. Children and infants under the age of eight tend to (not always) have difficulty staying in one place for too long and have trouble controlling the tone of their voice. We have to think about the consideration of all our guests and this is why we have the age restriction we do. Please understand this is not to make anyone feel unwelcome, rather to ensure all of our guests have peace of mind when coming to our tearoom that they will not have to worry about the possibility of an unhappy baby or child. We want each and every guest to have a truly memorable and peaceful experience. Thank you for your understanding.