Before coming to tea
At The Ivy we provide the most glamorous and instagrammable experience in Albuquerque! Our tearoom is fun-filled with music and laughter.
Please review the following to help make your teatime an amazing one.
- Our teatime suites are semi private with one open doorway (curtain provided). Our Glam Cottages are outdoor and private.
- Guests have the space for up to 2 hours. Guests may add 2 extra hours upstairs in our open parlor or suites (based upon availability) for $50 in drinks or merchandise spend after reservation per table/suite..
- Our goal is to not disturb or interrupt your teatime as much as possible. We achieve this by not checking on guests between courses. We provide call buttons to ensure we are still at your beck and call if you do need service.
- No outside food or drinks.
- Guests will be charged entire number of guests booked for their reservation regardless of how many show unless we are are given at least 24 hours notice of change (within table minimums).
- Cancellation/rescheduling policy 72 hours.
7. Allergies. Due to the complex nature of guests allergies and excess labor involved we cannot make any substitutions to the menu outside of the vegetarian and double savory option.
8. Children under 12 and infants will not be admitted. No exceptions will be made.
- Please arrive on time or early (as early as we open. Guests may browse our luxury boutique if early). We want our guests to get the most out of their experience and not be rushed. If guests are more than 10 minutes late we will pick their first tea and serve their first and second course at the same time to prevent other guests from receiving a less than an excellent experience. If guests are more than 30 minutes late we may cancel the reservation. Our times are set to prevent overwhelming the staff to ensure excellent customer service.
Thank you for your understanding. This list is designed to ensure EVERY guest knows what to expect and has an amazing experience, preventing misunderstandings before they may occur.
For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
What is the cancellation policy?
Afternoon tea (ground floor) - Cancellations prior to 72 hours before your reservation will be refunded in full. Cancellations within 72 hours of your reservation will receive a credit that can be used for merchandise, alcohol/nonalcoholic drinks, loose leaf tea, and caviar add ons only (no afternoon tea credit). If your party is more than 30 minutes late your reservation may be canceled with the cancellation credit listed above.
How much does it cost?
Our Afternoon Tea is $45 per person. Sweets and Charcuterie is $57 per person. Afternoon Tipsy tea is $61 per person. Our cottages have a $135 minimum. These prices are all inclusive and cover tax and gratituty. No tip is expected
Do we need a reservation?
We are by reservation only at this time to ensure excellent customer service and no food waste.
My party requires a wheelchair/ADA suite.
Please call before booking if your party requires an ADA accessible suite, wheelchair accessible suite, or any other special seating needs. We will happily accommodate. We do not have vertical access (elevator) at this time. But we hope to in the future!
Is there a dress code?
Some guests come casual and some come dressed up. You will feel comfortable either way (feather boas not permitted.)
Do we get everything on the menu or do we choose?
Guests will receive every item on our menu.
My four year old is extremely mature and loves tea or my newborn is very quiet. May I please bring him/her?
We cannot make exceptions to the rule because if we do it for one guest and not another this can be quite unfair.
Do you offer dairy free and/or gluten-free options?
Unfortunately, we do not offer them at this time.
If guests have an allergy or dietary restriction we cannot accommodate, they may still join and drink tea and cocktails/moctails. We still charge $41. Of this amount $11 will go towards the 3 teas at the table and the remaining $30 can be used for merchandise and alcoholic/non alcoholic drinks. Please state this in the notes section of the reservation.
Children and Infants
Teatime can be a great way to introduce children to a new culture. We encourage parents to bring their little ones in to try this new experience. We do ask that our teatime be for ages 12 and up. The reasons for this age requirement are for their safety and your enjoyment. Children and infants under the age of 12 tend to (not always) have difficulty staying in one place for too long and have trouble controlling the tone of their voice. We have to think about the consideration of all our guests and this is why we have the age restriction we do. Please understand this is not to make anyone feel unwelcome, rather to ensure all of our guests have peace of mind when coming to our tearoom that they will not have to worry about the possibility of an unhappy baby or child. We want each and every guest to have a truly memorable and peaceful experience. Thank you for your understanding.